- 3 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (or 2 15-ounce cans, 1 drained)
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Water or Chickpea Cooking Broth (or the liquid from 1 can of chickpeas)
- 2 to 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini (or 4 tablespoons sesame seeds)
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 to 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 to 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Place all ingredients except salt in the blender in the order listed and blend with blender according to it capabilities till its all smooth.
- Stop blender and taste the hummus. Add additional seasonings and salt to taste and blend briefly to combine.
- Store hummus in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It’s best after it’s had a chance to rest for at least an hour, but use within a week.